raumsichten

< >

schüttorf

The Vechte flows through the oldest city in the county. It was granted town privileges in 1295 and developed into a textile and mercantile center. The village has preserved its unusual townscape encompassing old and new architecture. Town planning declared Schüttorf a base center with a supply function. Industry has been settled at the new motorway interchange since 2004, causing an economic upturn. The still striking Gothic hall church St. Laurentius was rebuilt into a preachers’ church with imposing stalls after the Reformation.

The project »Untitled (Clearing)« by Marko Lulic is located in Schüttorf.